In information– The Prime Minister of India has prolonged his good needs to the farmers on the event of Nuakhai(September 1)
- Nuakhai is an annual harvest pageant in Odisha, celebrated to welcome the season’s new rice.
- Celebrated a day after Ganesh Chaturthi, Nuakhai is among the most essential festivals in western Odisha and neighbouring areas in Simdega district of Jharkhand.
- The much-awaited pageant of western Odisha, Nuakhai is well known with Nabanna providing to Goddess Samaleswari on September 1.
- In Nuakhai, nua means new and khai means meals. So, the pageant of nuakhai is a pageant to rejoice newly harvested meals by the farmers.
- Nuakhai is well known by folks throughout socio-economic strata. The preparation for Nuakhai begins nicely upfront. ‘Safa-sutra’ and ‘Lipa-puchha’ or the cleansing and mopping of the households are carried out by relations.
- The verandah and dust partitions are adorned with ‘Jhuti’ which is akin to the Rangoli design. It’s totally different from the extra widespread Rangoli in being white solely and drawn with fingers dipped in soaked rice powder.
- Early within the day, ‘Nabanna’ or the primary harvested paddy is obtainable to the native deity of the area.
- Devi Samaleswari in Sambalpur, Pataneswari in Bolangir/Patnagarh, Manikeswari in Kalahandi, Sekharbasini in Sundergarh, and Sureswari in Sonepur are provided ‘Nua’ on a predetermined time known as ‘Lagna’.
- As soon as the rituals within the temples are achieved, the celebration shifts to the person households. The top of the household, who’s often the eldest member of the family, gives his prayers and performs the customary rituals. That is adopted by distributing ‘Nua’ (rice grains) to each member.
- After thanking mom earth for offering them with meals for his or her sustenance and the almighty for preserving them collectively for one more yr, the members eat the rice.
- That is adopted by ‘Nuakhai Juhar’ the place kids contact the toes of the elders to hunt their blessings. Buddies and kin meet and greet one another with a Nuakhai Juhar, by folding fingers.
- The event sees the preparation of the 2 most cherished delicacies of the place- Pitha and Mitha.
- Non-vegetarian dishes particularly mutton curry, are cooked and brought with rice.
- Neighborhood perform known as ‘Nuakhai Bhetghat’ is a serious a part of the pageant.
- Common people dance kinds like dalkhai, rasarkeli, maelajada, bajnia, nachnia and chutkuchuta are carried out on the foot-tapping beats of conventional musical devices like dhol, taasaa, nisan, and the melodious Sambalpuri songs.